1. Transparency = trust [social media leaves businesses with nowhere to hide]
2. Local. Local local local local local! [eg. Mary Portas’ British knicker lace shocker]
3. “The Innovator’s Dilemma”: big companies konw they need to innovate, and know they can’t do it. [see Clayton Christensen’s excellent book of same name]
4. Collaborative partnerships to co-create solutions. [business+customer, business+startups, business+supply chain, even business+competitors] [= solutions to problem 3.] [possible outputs: create new products/services, access new markets, frugal innovation, disrupt competitors’ advantage]
5. Metrics. Companies need reliable ways to measure and communicate the impact of their CR activities.
Thanks to BITC and UBM for an excellent event.
What do you think? Have I identified the right themes? What else is important or challenging for your business this year? Perhaps your company is doing something special you would like people to know about? Do leave a comment below.